1. Weeks 1-3: Seller compiles documentation necessary for analyzing and packaging business and provides it to Codiligent.
2. Weeks 3-6: Codiligent performs a comprehensive analysis of the business, estimates value using multiple approaches, develops both introduction and confidential marketing packages, and prepares for active marketing.
3. Week 7: Codiligent and seller review valuation, and edit introduction and confidential marketing packages, as needed.
4. Weeks 8-9: Codiligent launches active marketing activities.
5. Weeks 10 – 26: Codiligent screens buyers, shares additional information, has buyer meetings, and encourages Letter of Intent submissions.
6. Weeks 27-29: Codiligent and seller receive and negotiate non-binding Letter of Intent
7. Weeks 30-35: Formal due diligence
8. Weeks 36-38: Attorney, Codiligent, and Seller negotiate the purchase agreement with buyer.
9. Week 39: Close the business sale
10. Weeks 40–43: Training and transition to the new owner